The exterior of The Loutrel blends classic and contemporary architecture with a striking facade that commands attention. Upon entering, guests are greeted by a spacious lobby adorned with tasteful artwork and comfortable seating. The interior design of the hotel exudes a sense of luxury and sophistication, with high-quality furnishings and a carefully curated color palette. The evidence is in the attention to detail, from the thoughtful layout of the public spaces to the personalized service offered by the staff.
History & Design
In the heart of Charleston’s French Quarter, this new construction by Michael Graves Architecture and Design stands out, not for its stark contrast but for how beautifully it melds with the nearby historical architecture. Stepping inside, guests are greeted by an interior inspired by the hotel’s namesake, Loutrel Briggs —Charleston’s legendary landscape architect responsible for the city’s garden design. The hotel strikes a perfect balance between throwback elegance and the sleekness of a modern boutique hotel.
The Little Things
- Locally curated art program.
- Borrow a bicycle to cruise around Charleston.
- Car charging stations and valet parking.
- A curated list of exceptional tour guide partners to create a unique experience.
About the Rooms
- The Loutrel has 50 rooms and suites, all with subtle nods to Charleston’s iconic garden landscapes woven into the decor.
- Each room is furnished with luxurious touches like cozy comforters, pillow options, and Matouk Damiano Percale Sheets.
- Guests can enjoy the comfort of signature Matouk bathrobes and Deep Steep bath products for a spa-like experience in their own room.
- Upscale amenities include Dyson hair dryers, Lavazza Coffee, a 55″ Smart Television, and a locally curated snack bar (complimentary).
Food & Drink
- The Veranda Lounge is an intimate setting with a garden-inspired cocktail menu that showcases the organic beauty of Charleston.
- The porch-inspired lounge features botanical craft cocktails with a Charleston twist and a creative small plate menu.
- Reserve The Study, a sophisticated private dining room for up to 16 guests for special events.
- Cocktail service with picturesque, multi-steepled skyline views on the rooftop terrace.
Strategically positioned in the heart of historic Charleston, the Loutrel’s central location provides guests with easy access to the city’s cherished Colonial mansions and cobblestone streets, as well as the trendy boutiques of King Street. Additionally, the hotel is near the French Quarter district. Guests can get a sense of the surrounding area from the panoramic view on the Rooftop Terrace.
- A state-of-the-art fitness studio with Peloton and Precor equipment.
- Complimentary European-style breakfast is served in the Veranda Lounge.
The hotel has prioritized accessibility by incorporating features such as wheelchair ramps and elevators to facilitate movement for all guests. In addition to on-site accommodations, they’ve optimized their website for digital accessibility, ensuring that users can effortlessly navigate and obtain information online. Reflecting their commitment, the Loutrel encourages feedback on accessibility matters to cater to individual requirements and guarantee a satisfactory experience for every guest.